March 26th, 2013
Today in class two representatives from ComCorps came into the classroom and spoke to us about their job, and other jobs that are in AmeriCorps throughout the country. Before they came into our classroom, I wasn't really aware about what the organization did and how involved they are with our community and with the country. It is something I am very interested in, and I think it could potentially be an option for me after I graduate from college. It would be a great experience, and also many benefits such as health insurance, qualify for food stamps, and scholarships. I will definitely be looking into the program.
March 28th, 2013
In class, we watched a great video about the gardens at University of Virginia. Thomas Jefferson knew how important gardening was not only to the students, but also for the professors on campus. The gardens are a great place for relaxation and studying. Jefferson had a precise plan when he was planning the structures and gardens for the university. They are placed behind each separate buildings, with a main lawn in the center. There is also a large building that use to serve as the library. It would be a great experience to one day visit the gardens, and see the history throughout the gardens.
No comments:
Post a Comment